I believe healing involves being authentic, and allowing all parts of ourself to be discovered, expressed and embraced. This allows us to be integrated, ‘holistic’ beings who can live life fully. Sometimes we can forget that where we are is ok, and who we are is ok. Underneath our problems is our whole being with innate wisdom. In therapy we organically start with where you are in your process.
I’ve found that just by engaging in the process of psychotherapy, life begins to change. As we change, life changes. My trust in this process comes from my work with clients, as well as my own personal growth work. I love to support clients in their process of reconnecting to their wholeness, and moving toward their full potential in life. There are times we need to be with someone who can help us through our process of growth, expand our awareness, and help us return to our own inner wisdom and aliveness.
My approach to therapy is client based, and mindfulness based. I use my intuition to deeply listen in session. I also believe in being warm, lighthearted and relational. I create a grounded, mindful space where my clients can be reflective, self-aware and curious. Most of all I provide a supportive and compassionate environment for your process of healing to take place. (continue reading more about me and what to expect in a session on the About Me page.)
Some populations I specialize in working with are:
- The LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer identified) community and families
- Artists, musicians, highly sensitive people, and those concerned with social issues
- Diverse Cultural and Ethnic communities
- Those serious about self growth, and finding their life’s purpose
- The metaphysical and spiritual community
Some other areas I work with are;
- Trauma and PTSD
- Anxiety issues (social anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia etc.)
- Sexual abuse survivors
- Grief and loss
- Early childhood abuse
- Relationship Counseling (in all its various forms)
- Spiritual growth and spiritual crisis
- Developing intuition through mindfulness
- Highly sensitive people
- Personal empowerment/ finding your voice
- Cultural and Ethnic Identity
Please visit the About Me page for what to expect in a session with me.
“What Consciousness touches it frees” - Adyashanti
“The Soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” -Carolyn Myss
“Our point of power is always in the present moment.” - Louise L. Hay
My Practice is with Grateful Heart Holistic Therapy Center. You can contact me at (510) 488-4213, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up an initial phone conversation.
Paul LeBars IMF #78250, Supervised by Patricia Herrera MFC #37738